Saturday, December 29, 2007

Junior saved my life today

I have heard of stories where the human's best friend saved their lives and of how the human's best friend have had premonitions of things that were going to happen.

Today I experienced it myself.

I always have the habit to do aromatherapy in my room. Today as usual I lit the aroma-burner, except today I used a candle with 2 extra wicks (cos the last one still had wax left so I put them all together).

Well. Bad Move.

The candle with 3 wicks started to burn themselves up. And the fire seemed to have a life of their own cos they were burning with the wax, not the wick....

Photobucket
The flames started from this candle inside - you can see it was burning FROM the wax..... the whole candle was on fire.....

FIRE
Can see the flames trying to get out?

I was lying down when juniors started barking. I tot it was one of his usual barks when I realised it wasn't. If he was barking at passerbys, it would be continuous barking. If he communicated with other dogs it would be bark, stop, bark bark bark, stop.

Today he barked, stop, stop, bark, stop stop, barked..... as if he was sounding an alarm.

I looked up and saw the thing burning. I tried to blow away the flame but instead of putting it out, the flame caught onto the aroma-oil in the dish as well. GREAT. I have 2 fires to deal with now. I tried to use the flower spray on the fire but it rebuted with a nasty hiss and threatened to burn OUT of the aroma-burner.....

Photobucket
See the flame went up to the aroma oil as well....

So I went to get a huge pail of water.

I dumped the fire-starter - the candle into the pail. It put up a great fight which I tot I lost cos it gave out a huge fire-ball bigger than my head (I wasnt expecting that seriously, I was quite shocked) and then luckily it died.

Now's the tricky part. How to get rid of the aroma-burner that is filled with aroma oil in it?

Just as I was thinking of a way, the flame gave itself up, most probably due to the lack of support from the ferocious fire-starting candle. So I saved some of the very expensive oil (2 bottles of 5 litres oil with a burner cost me $1.2k ok - I was stupid to buy ma heehee).

So Junior saved my life today. He is my hero and he will always be my hero. Who says dogs are not good? Dogs are the best!!! And moreover, he is my son!!!! I LOVE YOU JUNIOR....

No comments: