Saturday, July 28, 2007

Jimmy's graduation celebration

Thursday was FOOD day. Yeah!!

The TFT (Team Fat Tigers) celebrated Jimmy's graduation on thu. We had our dinner at Hua Yu Wee at Upper East Coast Rd. This place is somewhere I would surely recommend....

From young we celebrated my grandma (maternal side)'s birthday and certain happy occassions at this place - didnt know how to appreciate good food then, but only know to eat when there is food on the table and being fascinated by that swing in the garden (I clearly remember dying to go on it).

Not that I am an expert now in appreciating good food, but learning how to identify good food when I see it is important cos eating and enjoying good food is one of the joys in life which I can still afford in the mid range (not the high range of good food cos I am not rich ok).

Kenji specially ordered the dishes for us and they are the best I have eaten so far in singapore....
The cold dish itself is the best.... I love every single part of it.... and the plate as usual, will be cleaned to the bare minimum - even the centre green agar agar bowl will be eaten clean....

The Cold Dish... 5/5 rating

The crispy skin chicken was sooooooooooo tender that I tot the bones would be easy to bite too.... really sooooooooo tender that I nearly fainted cos it was simply d.e.l.i.c.i.o.u.s.....

The crispy skin chicken..... 5/5 rating

The Sharksfin was quite normal except the huge serving of ingredients and our own addition of Gordon Bleu into the bowl - heavenly..... Gordon Bleu really brings out the best in sharksfin (thanks to the dearest member of TFT who brought the Gordon Bleu)....

The sharksfin... 4/5 rating

The steamed fish was really good - the fish was so fresh I swear it can jump up from the plate (except the eyes were missing and I didnt get to eat them - hurmph!!) The flesh of the fish was so QQ, it was so smooth and the gravy was fanstastic - dunno how they make it cos it was sweet and tasty and JUST WONDERFUL...

The Steamed garoupa..... 5/5 rating

The prawns were really fresh too..... The eyes were still clear and glassy and the prawn meat was solid yet tender and sweet. Even the prawns' brains tasted better the others I ate outside..... They were easy to peel and so fresh that there was not much of a smell (after peeling them)....

The steamed prawns (drunken or not, I dunno)

And the whole TFT (except a few members not available for this celebration) took a picture...

TFT members celebrating Jimmy's Graduation....


Kenji & Ber, Jimmy & Forest.... 2 happy couples...

Erm, I also dunno why kenji taking advantage of Lao Beng and Jimmy - eating their tofu .... maybe he's high already....

Kenji & Me....

Then we had a special taaaaaa-ing game..... nothing else to taaaaaa, Mr Jason decided to do Mee Taaaaaaaa...... (dun play play ok, cos after the Mee Taaaaaa, he wanted to taaaaaaa pork ribs and taaaaaaa ice cream.....)

MEE TAAAAAAAAAAA

The nite ended at Jimmy's place for mahjong and I lost 1.80. Luckily kenji kissed me or else I will lose even more.....




No comments: