Monday, November 26, 2007

I saved $500....

Over the weekend, life was quite hectic.

Fri, I went to JB to fix my aircon. I was prepared to pay anything between RM1k to Rm1.2k cos the damn aircon shop in singapore said that it will cost S$600++ to fix my stupid aircon cos the compressor, coil, pipes and everything else got to do with aircon is S.P.O.I.L.T.

I wasn't prepared to pay $600++ cos I am broke remember? Haha.... Actually I was saving to buy bambi la..... shhhhhh dun tell junior.....

My bro told me carrefour opposite, turn rite, got a stretch of workshops. He said DO NOT U-TURN. But he doesn't know where the shop his friend usually go to, is...... So I asked mummy who was kind enough to go in with me and endure the sun and rain with me.... and luckily she went with me.

Cos we discovered a very kampong shop opposite carrefour..... Nasir Workshop (137-A, Lorong 7, Desa Perwira, Johor Bahru, Johor / Tel: 019-741 5457 or 019-793 3234). There are 2 ways to get to it. Its jus at the traffic junction. 1st way - turn rite, then u-turn, then keep left and turn into the kampong road and find your way to the shop. 2nd way - u-turn (if you can), if not, can turn rite, then u-turn and turn left at the filter lane, then back up into the shop.....

The lady boss is a very nice lady. She has 3 gals and they are all very friendly, especially the baby..... Rina and me were playing with the gals while the people were fixing tortilla. Rina gave them each a toy and they were really happy.....

Pros and Cons....

Pros: Cheap, Friendly service, expert advice (he jus took a look and told me compressor is working, coil is ok, only the pipe burst and promised to check the rest for me), when they have the parts they work fast and double check to make sure everything is in order before they pass car back to you, 24hours (YEAH).....

Cons: Take a bit long, parts have to be sourced from their source (they dun really keep stock and they dun call to check - they jus hop on their motor and zoom off with the part), if you need to find a drink, you need to walk a bit inside the kampong, NEVER go on a friday (cos they sembahyang and take up a bit of time), they dun really speak english (so go with someone who speaks quite abit of malay).

I think I am quite happy with the service and the things they did. For RM185, they fixed tortilla's aircon. They changed 2 burst pipes and put in compressor oil and gas and tortilla was good to go.....See... they saved $500 for me cos this repair only cost me below $100.....

And now the aircon is so damn cold, i need to turn it off sometimes when I am driving. The next time I go back there for servicing or something, I will buy more toys for the kids.... :)

No comments: