Monday, November 19, 2007

SUNWAY gave me a headache

I am very excited cos I am going overseas with Kenji soon, together with TFT, we having a large scale TFT outing..... but my excitement was killed a little cos I was damn pissed off with SUNWAY.

Sunway jus succeeded in giving me another headache.

I made the booking last week at Sunway Hotel & Spa KL. Rooms @ RM430 and we needed 7rooms cos we have 14 of us going. So I made the booking as it is school holidays and I was so worried there would be no accomodation for 14 of us.

And yesterday, Pat & jimmy managed to source something much, much, much cheaper so I wan to cancel my booking cos I am also very broke, I rather go for cheaper accomodation.

So I called them, wanting to cancel the booking. They checked and said its not under their system and I have to cancel via the internet. So, after browsing their webby for a long time and couldn't find the way to cancel the booking, I called them again. The staff was quite flustered cos I requested for specific instructions to get to the place on the internet to cancel my booking.

They put me on hold. After like 5mins of waiting, they told me they still cant get the internet booking people and they will try to get instructions asap while I still hold. I told them, how bout if I send in an email to cancel the booking. I COULD SWEAR THEY HEAVED A SIGH OF RELIEF.

They gave me an email address which I promptly sent an email to cancel. BUT THE DAMN MAIL BOUNCED BACK TO ME.....

"This is the Symantec Mail Security program at host sysms1.sunway.com.my.I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could notbe delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.For further assistance, please send mail to If you do so, please include this problem report. You candelete your own text from the attached returned message.The Symantec Mail Security program<bookrooms@sunway.com.my>: host 10.100.3.2[10.100.3.2] said: 550 bookrooms@sunway.com.my... No such user (in reply to RCPT TO command)"

So I called them again. I told them the email bounced and requested for specific instructions to cancel online. This time they made me hold for another 5mins, then they said they will cancel it online for me and give me a cancellation reference. COOL..... so I waited.....

Then the line got cut off...... WONDERFUL rite......

So I called again...... and made them give me the cancellation reference...... I dun believe I have to call so many times and speak to 4-5different people before I got wat I wanted - jus to cancel the damn booking......

Finally its cancelled.....

Its troublesome but its so damn worth it...... cos the new place we are going to stay is more than half the price of RM430....... I would say 1/3 of the price only..... YEAH..... SUNWAY HERE I COME.....

I went to sunway last year with kenji, pat & michelle. This time we are the tour leaders.... hahahaha. I made a pact with jerry and alvin to have 1 big bowl of only PIGS' BLOOD... Yeah...

No comments: