Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Bye 2007, Hi 2008

1st day of the new year. Supposed to be a happy day. But I received a call from Kenji saying his aunty passed away. Quite shocked. Cos didnt expect it.

And they decided to only inform me and not others cos its the 1st day of the new year. No one should hear of unhappy news on the 1st day of the new year.

I have seen this aunty a few times during family gatherings and during new year for the past 2 years. But i will not get to see her during this new year. She reminds me alot of my ah ma cos they both have that very "ci xiang" (benevolent) look on their faces. She is of very small built, but she managed to have so many children and bring them up. Not an easy task.

Went down to the funeral and jus came back. Could tell that everyone loved her alot and everyone felt really sad cos their eyes are all red and their grief could be written on their faces. Sat's the final send-off for her. Most prob I'll skip my classes for another week.

Today I also went to visit my grandma at AMK hospital. She's recovering from her knee surgery and it looks like she'll be able to be discharged soon. Pa is also in hospital but I havent been able to find a time to go visit him yet.

2007 was a hectic year for me. But also a year where I learnt alot, grew up alot. I know 2008 would be not be any easier than 2007 but at least I am prepared to face the challenges that come to me. Because I know I will not be alone. I have my family, my friends and the people who love me to support me and be there for me when i need them. Its this same group of people who helped me thru 2007 and help me survive the bad times in 2007.

I hope 2008 will be a better year, a better beginning, a year where I can be of help to the people who once helped me, and a year where I can still depend on the people who have rendered me lots of help in the past (I very buay paiseh one). And that all the people I love and who loves me, love me even more!!!!

I know I have been busy for the past few months, and most of the people who loved me, displayed their understanding towards me by not grumbling or complaining bout my absence. And most of them still love me inspite of me being unable to be there when they need me, they still love me even though I dun have much time for them.

To these people, I say a big THANK YOU to you, for enduring my nonsense for 2007, and still loving me in 2008. :) And to the little percentage of people who decided to replace me with others cos they dun have tolerance for my nonsense, I jus wan you to know that I am always replaceable, any others can be better than me. But I am jus ME. If I cannot be tolerated, its ok to replace me with your other friends. And, It is not my loss. Its your loss..... cos I wun wan people around me who dun love me as I am. So I wun lose anything, but you will lose someone who genuinely loves you - that is ahem ahem..... ME.

2008 - a new year, a new beginning for me too.

No comments: