Sunday, January 18, 2009

Goodbye Job

I have decided to tender my resignation.

Because I look back. I have been working for the past 1 year at this same company. What did I achieve? Yes I learnt lots of things. I had satisfaction working here. I am happy about being able to work here. But I do not like the pressure, I do not like the stress, I do not like to give up my personal interests and time and health to this job.

For this past year I used to joke that I am married to this job. But I realise I am married to the wrong one. This job can divorce me anytime cos there are no feelings involved, no love, no ***, nothing. Whereas I'm neglecting so much of my life for this stupid thing named MONEY. I'm not earning alot. I'm just earning enough to make my life go past.

I have been working non-stop mon to sun for the past weeks and coming to the 2nd month already. No extra bonus, no OT pay, no increase in pay, no HUGE com due to this project, in fact whenever I claim my timeoff I feel so guilty.

I did not spend proper time with my kids, with my hubby (come on, I am newly married ok), i neglect the house and this is my 1st proper house and I am a house proud person so it really got to me that CNY is nearing and my house is in a mess.

I have been slogging, but for who? For the benefit of my company, but not to me, not to my family, not to my own benefit, but at my own expense, at my family and friends' expense.

Yes, jobs are hard to come by now. Yes, I may not get my current pay check. Yes, it could be the same out there. But if I dun take the 1st step outta here, I'm still gonna be stuck here in the same shit rite?

Haha. In fact this post is written to convince me that I should move on.

Hahahahahahaha.

I always pride myself on getting things done well. I thrive on praise. But this time round I really cannot tahan already. I am trying my best but I get shouted at. I am trying my best but I failed due to people's failure. I can try my best but if my best needs to depend on the people I use, then I cannot control anything at all!!!!!

I feel really frustrated.

My health, my relationships, my well-being, my life, my brain, my everything is at risk of breaking down. I cannot risk it anymore.

Goodbye job.

No comments: