Sunday, January 25, 2009

HUAT AH

My promoter project ended yesterday nite at midnight SHARP. This morning I woke up with a smile on my face, even offered to go over to the market to get breakfast. :)

Yesterday morn i went for a class, then went to the market to get the freshest fish and meat and vegetables and spent my whole afternoon boiling chicken soup for evening's steamboat. Then I spent the whole afternoon preparing my food and cutting them into the right sizes.

Kenji helped me mop and sweep the whole house. :)

The late nights spent over cleaning the house paid off cos i was very happy and satisfied with my progress. :)

Yesterday evening's steamboat was a success. And today's steamboat was a success too!.

Yesterday my parents and family came over for steamboat. We had more than 20 dishes. :) Today Kenji's family came over and we all had steamboat too. :) Next sat having another round of steamboat with TFT. Great!!!!

On friday I tendered my resignation. I know I shocked my boss and I felt very guilty in wanting to resign. But I am really very tired. She refused to accept my resignation letter and pushed it back to me. She would like to change my role in the team and asked me to give her 2 weeks. I promised her I would wait 2 weeks for her to reveal her plans. My colleague said that I was very nice to my boss. Of cos as my boss is quite good to me. :)

So officially I am still with my company for another 2 weeks. :)

I am happy cos I finally can feel the CNY holiday mood. It is usually this kind of festive seasons that make your heart miss the people nearest to it, especially if they are so far away from you. Last week i dreamt of my grandma who passed away 7 years ago. I still miss her very much.

That's why today I prayed to ancestors as advised by master. I cooked them a sumptous dinner for them. I even bought "mama" chocolates and a big bag of stuff for her. I bought lots of money and lots of stuff for them. I boiled the steamboat soup in advance then used it to cook the 20 over dishes of steamboat stuff for them. I boiled rice then kenji helped me pack the stuff and put them into the trolley where we went downstairs to pray to them (kenji ancestors and my ancestors). They had soup, rice, 20 over dishes, green tea, "nian gao", "Huat kueh". :) So this ox year, I have lots of people helping me this year rite? :) So happy......

I am sooooooo looking forward to tomorrow cos I will dress up in new clothes and bring my kids out together with daddy kenji as a family and go and "Bai Nian" to my relatives and his relatives and importantly......I am Mrs Lim this year. :)

Seriously I am quite proud of myself for my house and my ability to actually prepare so much food and I think everyone is very much satisfied with the food. :)

I am also looking forward to next fri and sat...... cos the gambling kings and queens will come out and its is "HUAT" ah time...

HUAT AH HUAT AH HUAT AH!!!!!! HUAT AH!!!!!

No comments: