Sunday, February 22, 2009

In loving memory of Tortilla

It was over jus over the weekend.

My tortilla is gone jus like tat. I didnt even have the chance to say goodbye. Kenji took him away on saturday and Tortilla never came back and is never going to come back.

Farewell Tortilla, my pair of able wings...

The last I saw him was on Thursday. He accompanied me on his final mission, the mission he was initially bought for. He sent me to the swimming complex and waited for me patiently while I finished my class. Both him and I didnt know this was the last time he was going on a mission with me.

Kenji told me that Tortilla refused to start at the workshop. It hurt me to hear that cos I know tortilla must be angry with me. Tortilla doesnt really give me much trouble. I could handle him and I could bear with him whether he could start up or not. There are some parts not good about him. But it wasnt wat he wanted either. He tried his best for me for the past 2 years.

He watched Junior grow. Junior slept inside him. He was there when Terror was bought home. He put up with her pee and barking and scratching. But he will never get to see their kids, or my kids.

Tortilla was there for me when I needed to move from east to west of singapore. He even carried me all the way across the causeway. Even though he was weary and tired, I worked him to the bone and he finally couldn't move anymore in JB. That was the 1st time I left him overseas in a foreign land. But he was brave and able. He waited patiently for me to return the next day to help him. He was there to share my happines together with my family by ferrying us everywhere we wanted to go. He was there when I was angry and hurt and I cried.

But then I let him go. I dun know if the antibiotics were making my brain make bad decisions or my toothache barred me from thinking rite, but I let him go. And I miss him.

Farewell Tortilla. Just wan you to know that you are missed, you will be missed and I do love you. Its just circumstances that made me unable to keep you. Hope you get a good owner who will love you jus as I loved you, or love you even more.

I know I didnt fulfil my part fully. I didnt bathe you as often as the other cars. I dun really keep you clean and shiny and proud to be mine. But I love you no matter if you have 1 inch of dirt over you or whether you are shiny or not. I love you cos you have been a part of me for the past 2 years and you have served me well. Maybe its now time to get someone who can treat you the way you deserve to be treated. Love you lots. Bye Tortilla.

No comments: