Monday, July 30, 2007

Dai Sai PART 2 30/07/07

I tot last wed was dai sai (bring shit) day. I was wrong. Dai sai day is celebrated for 1 week.


This time I didnt go JB. I didnt hang out in the wee hours of the morn. But I was still with the same people Ms Lena and Ms Kerin.


Again, there should be warnings rite?


1stly, Ikea Tampines closes at 10pm, but Ms Kerin mis-read it as 11pm (cant blame her cos she didnt read the fine prints that said only fridays and saturdays ONLY). Rina and Terence both told me 10pm. I am the iron teethed one (Ti Kee - Hokkien) who wan to believe otherwise. When we finally reached Ikea at 9.35, we walked around and at 9.45pm, they announced that we have only 15mins. Naturally we stared at Ms Kerin with daggers flying here and there.....


So we only had less than half and hour to grab our stuff. I bought a pillow even though I went shopping at Ikea only like the day before (yesterday sat 28/07 heeehee). We were walking thru the aisles soooooo fast, we were breathless I tell you.... brisk walking is very good exercise....


2ndly, we sent Ms Chelsia (I hope I got the rite person) back and we stopped at the bus stop and kena stared at by the indian bus driver.... sorry uncle..... didnt mean to obstruct your way but I jus hope you can take it easy dun get angry so easily you will have heart attack one.....


So...... we sent Ms Kerin back.....


The incident happened around 10plus pm at the junction of Bedok Reservoir Rd and Bedok North Rd. Just as we neared the junction to turn rite, I saw the Battery sign and other lights lighted up. I didnt remember my car going dead (so pai seh if I let go too much clutch then it died rite)..... So I turned off everything and started the engine again cos I really tot I caused the car to go dead.


The all-too-familiar sound a few days back filled the cabin of the car...... that kind of "I can start but no energy to start" kind of sound..... Errrrrrr, Errrrrrrr, er, er, er, er, eeeeeee dead.


Shit. I turned on the hazard lights and waved for the cars behind me to switch lanes. We remained in the car cos I was so damn embarrassed... WE WERE STUCK AT THE JUNCTION and ON THE EXTREME RITE LANE..... Lena suggested to put the triangle breakdown plate and I bo bian got to get out of tortilla and get it......


Called Kenji and this time he came down. He asked Jimmy to get the cables to kick start the car, but I doubt it would help cos I had a feeling the battery's gone. Cables can only temporary help, not fix the problem. We called for breakdown services.


In an hour's time around 11.30, I started the engine and it worked perfectly fine.... so excited.... so kenji went back...... I turned rite...... then the lights came up again...... GREAT...... Had to park by the side of the road and wait for the battery man to come.....


He lost his way and when he finally found us, he examined tortilla and said we need to follow him back to his workshop is Jalan Kayu to fix the battery head cos he got no spare and even if he replace the battery on the spot he cant do much cos the head is faulty (corroded already in fact)..... so off we went. In fact uncle said that we may have time and battery left to send Kerin back 1st.....


But at the junction of Ikea Tampines and Old tampines rd, the lights came on again..... Uncle came to help us and decided that we should park tortilla at the side. Uncle opened the bonnet and saw that 1 pipe (being old and hard and after years of abuse) finally gave way and BURST. This pipe brings the water around the radiator and the coolen to cool the engine. My engine was sooooooooooooooooo hot, it nearly FRIED. But weird thing is, the temperature is normal..... but there were lots of steam from the pipes and the water inside the coolen and the water hole were BOILING..... GREAT.... Now I have an empty battery, with a faulty battery head, an overheated engine with steam and boiling water and a burst pipe to deal with.


We asked Kerin to go back 1st (thanks Kerin for your company but your da jie wan to romantic with me I bo bian) by cab and uncle left to get spare parts from Jalan Kayu.


Me and Lena's bladders were FULL to the max. We dun have dicks that can jus be whipped out to pee in the bushes. So we decided to go to the nearby temple to pray but decided against it cos like everyone is sleeping inside.....


So.......


We took a cab to Tampines Central TO PEE. We went to Mac, bought fries, drinks and took a cab back to tortilla..... Have you ever had such an expensive PEE? From junction of Ikea Tampines to Tampines Central and back, the peeing trip cost us $11 (exclusive of supper) including midnite charges.


Uncle was working on Tortilla when we came back. This uncle is very kind. If you have a car and need servicing or works to be done, you can go to his workshop at Jalan Kayu, jus beside the eggs distributor. Uncle Ng's shop is named Golden Hill. It deals with everything and almost anything about cars and lorries. I saw a tractor there too this morn but I dunno if they can fix that....


The whole nite's ordeal ended at 1plus AM with a damage of $150 which I consider a good deal cos of the timing and the effort taken by Uncle to come from Sengkang, to tampines, to jalan kayu then back to tampines to get tortilla fixed.

When I reached home, after turning off the engine, I heard serious boiling noises from the engine and dismissed it as the fan not working and it was not really very cool there.....I didnt know overlooking this important issue nearly cause my car to be engulfed in flames the next day.

THENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.......

This morn I picked Lena up at 9.30am to go fix the aircon fan that wasn't working in tortilla (in fact I argued its not that fan cos my aircon is REALLY so cold I dun turn it on at times, especially when junior's in the car with me).

At the junction of her house which is like 3mins from her place, she suddenly noticed tortilla's temperature rising RAPIDLY. Thank God for her in the car.... cos I checked the temperature when I left my house and checked the temperature when I reached her place..... but I dun normally check the temperature while driving rite....

THANK GOD LENA WAS IN THE CAR...... The temperature was working its way steadily towards the RED PORTION..... We stopped and I called uncle. He said dun worry can make it one......

Me and Lena drafted a plan. We will monitor the temperature as we drive. Once nearing red, we will stop and cool the engine. So this way we went, all the way from hougang to Jalan Kayu. Moving as fast as we can before the temperature rises and stopping and cooling the engine by sprinkling water on it and fanning it. The engine should be over cooked cos we almost wanted to fry an egg on it already.... The steam that came out can kill a rat I swear.....

We stopped for 5-10mins for every 2.5min drive by the shoulder and cruised most our way to Jalan Kayu..... I enjoyed turning off the engine and jus steering on the rd shoulder and cruise to see the nice scenery along the TPE..... AND WE TOOK 1 HOUR TO REACH JALAN KAYU.

We called Jeff cos we wanted to put more water into the tank but we dunno is it ok for normal water or we need special water like coolen or battery water..... so he said normal water can..... I witnessed tortilla drinking 1.5 litres of water last nite, but I didnt have 1.5litres so he had to make do with 1 litre of water for the moment. The water really lasted more than the 2.5mins we can drive. In fact it lasted us for 10mins while we went to the petrol kiosk for petrol.

So while they fixed tortilla, me and lena went to have breakfast at Jalan Kayu famous Prata stall. Lena knows I like mutton curry so she ordered for me - so sweet. Ex lor, but not bad la. But I still prefer the mutton curry at Mustafa. Heehee.....

We went back after having a SLOW breakfast for 1 hour. Its still not fixed yet and they discovered MORE problems. The radiator is old and might affect the performance of tortilla - its not that I go racing la, but I do need the power cos I always rush here and there for classes.... so my safety is more important than my pocket. So jus do lor.....

I had to cancel a class cos tortilla's insides were taken out and I cannot use him...... and also, someone ordered the wrong serial parts so it didnt fit tortilla and anyway it was a dirty 2nd-hand one so it was quite lucky they got the wrong one. In the end they fixed a brand new one for me.....black and shiny radiator...

We even went back to hougang to play with junior, brandy and coco and I played Neopets too and watched TV and Lena even went to see her doc. The doc is really expensive... $45 leh.... Wa lao eh..... but he's not bad one.....

So we lingered around till 3.30pm and tortilla was ready!!!!...... so nice to see him all wrapped up and ready to go. He had new stuff in him and I swear he ate a dozen of frogs cos the coolen liquid in him was GREEN.... hahahahahahah...... COOL I love it.... TOTAL DAMAGE $350.

Today's incident proved that Ms Kerin is not a dai sai queen, not Lena too cos luckily she came and saw the temperature go up and prevented my tortilla from burning itself to death...

So I am left with MYSELF. Shit. Since when I become Dai sai?????? I know I am dai sai (haughtiness) but not dai sai (bring shit) leh......

But lena went on my errand with me to the Singapore Sports Council to get a permit done with me and she waited like 45mins in the car for me..... and she also went swimming at braddell with me while i coached......and nothing else happened.... see, they celebrate dai sai-ness for 1 week only..... now ended liao, no nore dai sai......

No comments: