Monday, March 24, 2008

Junior nearly died

Last week I was invited to KL for Nuffnang's pyjamas party by one of my good friend cum FAMOUS blogger cum good sister (the hairy one) but it was a pity I had to choose my wedding pictures on sunday therefore I was unable to make the trip to KL.

Damn, I was really regretting not being able to be there personally cos every blogger is talking about it. Xiaxue, Dawn Yang, Kenny Sia, Kerin and the other bloggers were there IN THEIR PYJAMAS!!!!!! So cool rite!!!! I think its high time I put Nuffnang's ads on my bloggy so that I might be able to get invites like this again in future and also earn a bit a spare cash (that would be if I am bothered enough to go and find out HOW TO DO IT).

The weekend that jus passed jolted me out of my dream. Why?

Cos Junior nearly died.

Why?

It all happened on sat when I was cooking and cleaning in preparation for my 2 special guests over for dinner. I picked up a small insect from the floor that looked like a bee. And it felt like a bee too as it was soft and furry and it had wings (I cannot remember if it has stripes though).

I tot nothing of it.

Dinner passed and my 2 guests went back at around 9pm and I went to shower. Junior came into the shower with me and SHOWERED with me. A rare sight. Normally he would charge out of the shower whenever he had a chance while I was bathing him. I knew something was wrong with him but I didnt know wat.

I tot his Godma scared him jus now by chasing him all over the house.

But it wasn't. It took another 1 hour before we finally knew wat was the problem with Junior. Kenji looked into his face at 10.30pm and nearly screamed into my ear - Junior's left eyelid was very very very very swollen like a gold fish. Suddenly my mind went blank. I was soooooooo scared. Wat if his airhole closed up, Wat if he fell and hurt his brain, wat if he was goiing to die?

We quickly bundled him into the car and the F1 racer raced us to Mt Pleasant Hospital. I seriously prefer Mt Pleasant over James Tan. And Mt Pleasant shall be our regular vet from now on cos of the professionality the people showed there and I am pleased with their services even though my 1st foot into the clinic already cost me $128, excluding the medicines, excluding GST. But I dun mind cos At least they dun come to the reception looking like they have jus woken up.

The doc was very friendly and nice. She asked wat happened and before she could ask if I knew the culprit who did this, I told her about the insect that I found. And it was indeed a bee. Junior has this habit of going after these flying creatures and playing with them, and killing them.

She dripped a yellow liquid into Junior's eye to ensure that there were no cuts in it and his whole eye became GREEN. He looked like an evil gremlin. Pictures are not uploaded yet, I will upload them when I get home cos my office lappy is locked and I cannot upload any stuff on it to prevent corruption of the files in it.

And she gave him 2 injections.

1st one went into his skin. He didnt even flinch. The 2nd one, according to the doc, was very challenging as it has to go into the muscle. I was asked to hold his shoulders and she jabbed him hard on his rite chicken leg.

He cried sooooo much. My heart was so painful cos my baby boy was crying so much..... And he was whining and shivering after the jab.

Junior was given 5 tabs of cold tablets (the same ones that I take when my rashes comes looking for me). Total damage came up to $156. Well, daddy paid for it. Thanks daddy!!!!

Junior was supposed to be conquered by the injections and get very sleepy. Instead he was stoning the whole journey home. He fell asleep briefly and he was up and about his usual self, jumping all around and sittin on my face all that in 1.5hours time. The swelling also disappeared.

Lucky for me, he didnt die. I dunno wat I'll do if junior leaves me.

But he always scares the shit out of me. And I think this time he was really scared too cos his shit the next morn, was green in colour and no, he didnt eat the green liquid that was in his eye. I guess he was really scared and worried cos he didnt feel rite that was why he stuck soooooo close to me - he was trying to tell me somethin was wrong with him and wanted me to manja him.

Jus that I am a careless mummy. I didnt even know his eyelid was swollen and I didnt even bother to go talk to him or anything like tat to make him feel better, instead I still brought him for injection on his chicken leg. But it was for your own good darling.....

At least now he's better and can show attitude and bark and show his fed-up face when I woke him up on sunday to check on him. Hahahaha..... My son..... is really...... amazing..... Sometimes I feel that he is half human cos he understands wat I am saying. hahahahaha. But its a pity he will never be able to call me mummy. Never mind, I will train him from now on..... Maaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....... hahahaha.

No comments: