Monday, April 7, 2008

I had a jab on my BUM

This morn I went to see the doctor. No, its not keng-ing MC. And its not because of mahjong yesterday. Heehee. My foot didn't feel like my own this morn. When I got up from bed, I couldn't stand at all.

I tot maybe it was cold and my foot needed some massage to warm it. So I dragged myself to bathe and used the warm shower to warm it abit. It improved a bit, so i brought junior downstairs for his morn walk.

Then I felt my foot throbbing like the tendon was going to burst. I quickly lifted my foot up to alevate it. The throbbing stopped.

Whenever I put my foot down and when the bood started flowing down to it, my whole heel would throb with pain. And its not that kind of numb throbbing. Every throb is like someone stabbing my back of the foot with knives. Its worse than the after-numb, pins poking effect when your leg is lack of blood flow to it. It felt like knives poking me into the back of the foot.

So since I was stuck in the stupid morn traffic jam on the CTE, I detoured to my family doctor. And yes, I was driving cos I didn't think I would survive to the MRT station. My foot felt better with me sitting down and pushing the accelerator rather than standing and putting my whole body weight on my poor foot (coming to be both feet already).

Talking about my family doctor. He's actually a very nice doctor. But ever since I was using the green company medical card from my company and I only pay $5 co-payment, I could sense the difference.

Today I jus had to ask him why the difference cos he opened the door for the 5 people in front of me and when it was my turn, I had to open the door and hop my way in. And there was this gal in the queue 2 heads behind me and she was on company's card too and she had to open the door herself too. The one directly behind me is private consultation and the doctor opened the door for her!!!

The way he attended to me was not different, but the information he gave me was so much lesser than the previous times when I was on private consultation. So I JUST HAD TO ASK HIM out of curiousity.

He told me he can only prescribe the medicines on the insurer's list and the other more expensive medicine he cannot claim. And he will only be able to claim lesser than certain amounts and there were some admin and other fees to be deducted from his claim AND THE CLAIMS only come back to him in 4-5mths!!!! That is why the treatment is sooooooo different lor.

I told him, if there are any medicines that can make me better, I dun mind buying it under private consultation. I guess he must have known that my condition was quite serious cos its not the 1st time he's treating me for this condition. So he gave me a jab when I asked if there's anything else he could do to help me.

He jabbed me on my BUM. The liquid in the stringe measured 3.5cm on the indicator and the needle was soooooo long and it stung abit when he pushed all the liquid inside me but It didnt hurt as much as me standing on my foot.

I seriously suspected that wat he gave me was a mild sedative and muscle relaxant and pain-killer all into 1 jab. Because now I feel like I am very relaxed and mildly sedated and the pain is gone and I AM SLEEPY and my whole body's muscles are somehow starting a strike cos they feel heavy.

It's starting to feel like a chore to finish my typing of this post. I wonder how long will it be before this effect wear off cos I still need to drive tortilla home. Damn doctor didnt tell me about the effects!!

No comments: