Friday, October 17, 2008

Naming the poem contest

If you want to hurt me
Make sure you cut it through the vein
Let the blood run free
Because I will feel no pain

It took me a long time to heal
And i always wonder why
It took me a long time to feel
As I look up into the sky

Because I never let you go
It was me holding on
Because you would never let me know
How you cheat and con

I told my heart
I do not love you
Each time memories tear it apart
I realised our time's due

I lost you by my side
I knew I can no longer hold
Part of me died
Part of me grew cold

But I moved on with my life
Because you were no longer mine
Even though initally things took a nose dive
My happines I started to find

I am past the time I rush to care
I have other priorities set
Come and test me, you I dare
My happiness, my life, my future, met

Ber 171008

Ok this doesn;t really make sense but given the stress and the the fatigue and the sleepiness weighing on my eyelids, I think its fairly good. I just suddenly would like to write a poem and I cracked this out within 10mins so i think I am quite good already.

Naming the poem contest - who can give a good name to this poem wins a dinner from me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm actually quite a good poem...how about naming it....the angst of ber.....or......kiss my ass......or......goodbye past hello future.....or.......no more tears (hahahahaha johnson's ad!hahahahahaa)

Anonymous said...

or u can name it...crash test dummy....i think its a cool title....or.....blue skies(signifying hope and clarity of the day)