Monday, February 16, 2009

Change of role

Remember that I resigned and was rejected (most embarrassing resignation la)?

My company is undergoing an internal restructuring. I have been offered a new role and I have sort of "accepted" it as my bosses have "assigned" me to this new role as they feel that my strengths lie in Service.

I will no longer do recruitment. Meaning, no more calling and talking to strangers, no more people flying your kite, no more late nites waiting for candidates, no more excitement when my candidate gets selected for a position, no more interviews with weird people, no more interview marathon, no more profiling resumes (dun speak too soon), no more PROJECTS (YEAH)

I will be focusing on service delivery. Yup, i'll be a service delivery consultant.

I will be fighting paperwork everyday. Perks are, I get to go home on time, I get to reach home before the sky runs out of light, I get to play more facebook and update my blog more often when I am back, I can slack at home, I can meet up with friends and have my social life back, I can do more housework (yeah, rite...), I can be a couch potato, I can spend more time with Junior and Terror, I can spend more time with Kenji, I can sleep early, I can rest more, I can have more free time.

The downs are..... I have no commission anymore. I have to scrimp and save on my poor meagre basic pay. I might have to sell tortilla away as I cannot afford to have him, I have to think twice when buying expensive things, I have to eat bread and butter and maggie mee, I have to plan my money in smart and wise way.

Actually, its not a bad thing rite? Cos anyway I still have to save rite. Hahahahaha.

And Commission is not the most important thing to me. The most important thing is I am happy with my job. And so far I am happy. :) And yes, paperwork can be lethal too, but I think it is still manageable I hope......

We'll see how things work out..... anyway Ah ber wun starve to death cos I am a jack in many trades. I wun go to the stage where I have to stand at Geylang. Hahahahahhaa..... the most I will be a fishergal..... hahahahahah..... or I shall be a bummer and have free food and lodging at bradel..... Hahahahaha. mummy will be the most happy person on earth I think......

Well, to look on the bright side, I no longer have to rush around like an ant or spider. I no longer have to stare at my phone for SMS from clients or candidates. I no longer have the stress on filling job orders....... I just have to beat time to do keying of the system and paperwork and talking to clients and candidates that are familiar to my company and helping to do service recovery all that. YEAH!!!!! Which is my forte!!!

Well, anywhere I go, 2009 is a good good good year for me!!!

So I am going to PROSPER and BLOOM and HUAT AH..... hahahahahahaah

No comments: